This guide presents the possibilities offered by Squash AUTOM for executing automated tests. The management of these tests and of the automation workflow in Squash TM is described in the documentation of that one.
Squash AUTOM provides the following components (see diagram below):
(️‡ indicates a Premium component. An overview of the Premium features is available here.)
Squash Orchestrator is composed of a set of micro-services to be used by launching automated tests in Squash TM or by sending an execution plan written in a specific format, the PEaC (Planned Execution "as Code").
It enables you to run and coordinate the various components of the test execution chain (execution environments, automata, reporting…).
It supports the following test technologies:
- Cucumber JVM
- Robot Framework
- SKF (Squash Keyword Framework)
It is based on the OpenTestFactory Orchestrator and adds a set of micro-services to extend its possibilities, such as running Squash TM execution plan or reporting to Squash TM.
This agent allows HTTP communication between a Squash Orchestrator and a test execution environment.
It is a process that runs on the execution environment. This process contacts the Squash Orchestrator at regular intervals, looking for orders to execute. Whenever there is a pending order, the agent will do as asked and send the result back to the orchestrator.
These tools allow proper starting and stopping of the orchestrator.
They also provide an online command (
opentf-ctl) to easily launch execution plans, monitor their progress, list the execution environments…
Squash AUTOM Premium exclusive micro-services️‡
The Squash AUTOM Premium license gives you access to a Docker image with some micro-services adding the support of the following test technologies:
Squash TM plugins
- Squash AUTOM allows to execute automated tests from Squash TM. Squash AUTOM Premium provides a Premium version️‡ of this plugin with additional features.
- Result Publisher† allows the return of information into Squash TM at the end of the execution of a Squash TM execution plan. Squash AUTOM Premium provides a Premium version️‡ of this plugin with additional features.
- Git Connector is used to push scripted test cases written in Squash TM to a Git source manager.
- Actions Library‡ is used to manage, in Squash TM, the actions of BDD test cases via a library.
- Jira Automatisation Workflow‡ is used to externalize (out of Squash TM) the tests automation process via a custom automation workflow in Jira.
Squash AUTOM high level architecture diagram:
† indicates a component which is common to Squash AUTOM and Squash DEVOPS.
️‡ indicates a Premium component. An overview of the Premium features is available here. To benefit of these or to ask for more information, check our website or contact us.